I heart NYC



 I'll never sport a t-shirt or carry a tote bag that tells the world how I feel, but I truly love NYC.  How can you not? 

Ok, so maybe it's totally overcrowded and the I can't figure out the subway system to save my life.  But it's a place where you walk 2 blocks and the entire dynamic changes.  In some cases, it's like entering a new country.  You just never know what to expect. 

Any one that loves food must love New  York.  The street food alone is enough to keep anyone coming back.  But when you enter the world of fine dining, NYC opens up a whole new list of places to indulge.  

Not being independently wealthy, I have eat to have the pleasure of experiencing Thomas Keller's per se, with it's $125-$150 tasting menu or Brian Chang's Momofuko $100 tasting menu.  But don't think that I haven't had some amazing meals while spending time in the city that never sleeps. 

2 words.  Mario Batali. Trust me.  He will NEVER let you down.  Buy his cookbooks, eat at his restaurants any chance you get.  Otto and Babbo continue to be 2 of the best places that I have ever eaten at.  Cabonara lovers - put Otto on your list of must eats.  I promise you, it's more then worth it. And sticking on the same theme, Lidia Bastianich's Becco has the most amazing Osso Bucco you will ever sink your teeth in to.   

Which leads me to my culinary excitement for this visit - Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's Eataly.  Apparently, it's a massive Italian glutton fest, and I can't wait to sin my way through it.  If you are looking for me Saturday afternoon, odds are, that's where I'll be. 

Now that I've made myself considerably hungry for Italian food at 9 am, I need to go figure out something to eat for breakfast.   I'm sure it won't be as delicious as the rabbit on the menu at Babbo, but I'll try. 

Ciao. 

Comments

Popular Posts