Apples apples everywhere

Yesterday my family got together for our annual apple picking adventure.  9 children under the age of 10 (8 of them 5 and under) and 10 adults set out to enjoy the beautiful fall New England weather. 

Our second year at Smolack farms in North Andover proved to be another giggle filled experience.

After a few hours of cider donuts, apple cider, tree climbing and, of course, apple picking, we all piled back in to the cars to head home - many of us ready for a nap.

I went in to the orchard with a stack or recipes ready to try at home.  So, while I do have ideas for what to do with my apples, I'm interested to pick other people brains too.

So I'd love to know.....Outside of the 'normal' ideas (applesauce, apple butter, apple pie, crisp, apples/onions), what is your favorite thing to do with fresh apples?

Comments

Popular Posts