Pizza #8: The end of the meal...

I will admit it.  By pizza 6, I was sick of pizzas.  And with 6 more to go, I had to take a break from the "normal" pizzas.
Enter pizza #8:  Nutella, caramelized bananas, caramel sauce and toasted hazelnuts.
 Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread that originated in the Piedmont region of Italy.  Originally created in response to cocoa being in short supply during WWII, it is now loved in 75 countries around the world.  It was Mr. Pietro Ferrero who had the idea to add the famous hazelnuts from Piedmont to extend the chocolate.  This spread is now enjoyed on toast, in cakes and cookies - and on a pizza.
 And, I have a confession.  If I could eat caramel sauce every day (without gaining 100lbs) I would.  I find nothing wrong with eating it by the spoonful out of the pot or jar.  And that's just regular caramel. Don't even get me started on salted caramel.
AMAZING.  There isn't much else to say about this pizza.

Except for the fact that I might have to go make another one now.

Comments

  1. Hi G! I've nominated Nibbles with a Forde for the One Lovely Blog award. Check out more info here: http://sweetsoutherncomfort.com/2012/05/11/one-lovely-blog-award/. Love all of your posts and recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts