Stop looking at me swan...

Last nights seminar was all about garnishing. 

Yep, I now know how to make a swan out of a melon (well, kind of), roses out of oranges and tomato skins, and flowers out of squash, carrots and radishes (again, kind of).


Odds are, these are skillz (yes, with a z) that I will never use.  But they are some of those things that are just cool to learn in culinary school. 

Orange peel

Ok, MAYBE I'll rock one of these flowers at some dinner party with friends that will appreciate it.  Either way, it was a fun 3 hours with fruit and veggies (and I got my moneys worth out of my pairing knife too!). 

Tomato skins

Really this blog is just to show off my talents (or lack there-of) just in case no one else ever gets to enjoy the beauty of my garnishing skillz. 
 

The pièce de résistance of the evening was the 'Get Well' pineapple that was created for a classmate that was home sick.  It was a thing of pure beauty (er, or something like that).



In case anyone wants to know, the pineapple centerpiece can be recreated for the right price. 


Just sayin'.

Comments

Popular Posts